CleanFund is a fast-growing company pioneering innovative, cost-effective financing solutions for commercial energy efficiency/renewable energy projects through the use of Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing. Located on the Sausalito waterfront, our team is comprised of collaborative, solutions-oriented, industry leaders in renewable energy, energy efficiency, commercial real estate and structured finance, helping to helping to institutionalize a new asset class.
The Vice President, Business Development, (“VP,BD”) will focus on developing a strong pipeline of Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (“C-PACE”) transactions by leveraging close relationships with commercial property owners and channel partners such as real estate brokers and senior lenders (“Channel Partners”) within the assigned territory (generally states east of the Mississippi River). He or she will manage and expand their pipeline of relationships to generate a consistent volume of high-quality prospective deals resulting in successful closings. The sourcing, qualification and engagement of commercial building owners and Channel Partners will be achieved via the successful candidate’s personal network, a variety of corporate marketing campaigns, participation in trade associations and industry events as well as direct outbound engagement. The VP, BD position will be based in either NY or CT.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and Head of Lender Relationships, the VP,BD will work closely with the Company’s business development, credit, finance, government relations and marketing teams to develop his or her relationships leading to a steady flow of transaction closings. This position requires a highly motivated, mission-driven disciplined and detail-oriented individual who is comfortable managing multiple relationships in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever-changing environment. Negotiation, time management, organizational and superior communication skills are essential attributes.
Qualifications & Skills
- The successful candidate will have 5 to 10 years’ experience in commercial real estate lending including brokerage, capital markets, structured finance and business development with a proven track record of developing new and existing relationships resulting in a consistent flow of successful transaction closings. Experience with new construction and major renovation financing is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, M.B.A. is preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Confident and persuasive small-group and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of C-PACE financing is preferred.
- Significant network of relationships with decision makers within the commercial real estate and capital markets industry within the Company’s target markets.
- Strong ambition and a passion for persistently and efficiently researching and engaging warm and cold sales leads.
- Superior negotiation skills with the ability to persuade (and educate) clients to use C-PACE financing and fund through CleanFund.
- Ability to travel a significant percentage of time (up to 50% or more) within the candidate’s territory plus attend industry and association conferences and events.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive medical, dental and vision for employees and dependents
- 401k plan
- Generous PTO package
- Sausalito, CA Headquarters waterfront office location
- Work for a growing company that has a “green” driven mission
All interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
CleanFund is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law.